Morocco has recently been nominated one of the top places to visit in the world. From Orson Welles to Jimmy Hendrix making a visit, their footsteps have been religiously followed ever since, and it’s easy to see why.
Whilst there isn’t many major site seeing to do, there is all-most a constant round sunshine every year. Making it the place you can visit any time of the year to enjoy a relaxing break.
Now we all know Marrekech is known as the destination spot in Morocco. But if you want to avoid busy streets, blow away some cobwebs and not spend the entire day sweating, then this endearing Atlantic City is the place to be.
From either sitting by the beach or exploring the culture of Essaouira, we have the top things to in Essaouira:
- Explore the medina; see and experience the real culture of Morocco. Wander around the old city and enjoy the no hassling shopping experience. Please note don’t expect to haggle, the stall holders are not like the ones in the Souks who enjoy to barter. Each vendor has clearly marked prices.
- Indulge in Surfing Paradise; Book with You Surf Essaouira for either surfing, windsurfing or kitesurfing lessons. Essaouira is known as the “windy city” so this is the best place to get on the waves!
- Scale the fort; At the end of Skala Du Port, this is where you will find the small fort and those famous blue fishing boats. Everyone always wants to know where to find the iconic Essaouira view, well we can let you into a little secret… this is where it is taken. The fort is great to see the fisherman bring in their catch and capture the beauty of Essaouira.
- Horseback riding tours; yes that is right! Now you are probably thinking, I could go horse riding at home. But enjoy the experience of horseback riding on the beach into the sunset.
- Road tours in Essaouira; choose from the famous camel riding to Quad riding around the desert. Always advised to wear extra sun protection as it gets very hot.
- Learn how to cook Moroccan Cuisine at, l’Atelier Madada. Spend a few hours with a Moroccan chef making traditional Moroccan dishes understanding the use of spices and meat. Afterwards indulge in your food, known as 5* experience.
- Enjoy a day of golf at Mogador Golf course. Being situated in Essaouria Luxury Villas you are right next door to one of the best golf courses in Morocco. Enjoy discounted rates and a whole 18 round of golf for fun whilst catching the rays.
Essaouira is the perfect location to sit and relax or get active and site see, so make sure you book your holiday today!